1. Always eat breakfast; it gives you nutrients and energy for the rest of the day!
2. For a light and healthy breakfast or snack, you can't go wrong with yogurt. Try
adding yogurt to cereals, smoothies, and fruit!
3. Exercise for at least 30-45 minutes a day. Easy ways to do this include: Richard Simmon's
tapes (very fun!), swimming, dancing, running, yoga, pilates, playing any kind of sport, etc... For more fun workout ideas,
check out Dicount Dance Supply: www.discountdance.com. They have many fun videos, DVD's, and books that can help you get your daily dose of exercises!
4. Eat small meals. In order to stay healthy and fit, it is better to eat 3 small meals
each day with a healthy snack in between.
5. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day! This helps you stay fit and it's also a major
boost to the immune system, which keeps you from getting sick!
6. Cut back on cokes and other sugary drinks. Instead of drinking coke, sweet tea,
Powerade, etc., drink: water, unsweetened green, white, or black tea; juice, koolaid (without tons of sugar), or
a fruit smoothie. Or, if you must have sugar in everything you drink, try using Splenda as a substitute.
It's much better for you.
7. Eat healthy desserts instead of chocolate, ice cream, or cakes. You can have
much healthier food items such as: whole-grain muffins, smoothies, frozen yogurt, home-made popsicles made of juice or
lemonade, fat-free jello, or muffins containing blueberries, rasberries, or strawberries.